Thursday 18 June 2015

Living with deadlines

I have got so much assignments to do, I got project in today which has not been even been started, I got project re-submission in today which I will be doing in Human body and project assignment in project and dementia re-submission which I have done this week, 

Throughout this week, I have made mini deadlines such as getting the pass task done in the one day, the merit the next and the distinction the next. I went into the bible for more guidance and support, well God directed me to on what bit I should I read. 

This may come across a sermon, it was not intentional. I have warned you. 

I read Deuteronomy 30:11-14  

Life or Death

11 This command I give you today is not too hard for you. It is not beyond what you can do. 12 It is not up in heaven. You do not have to ask, “Who will go up to heaven and get it for us? Then we can obey it and keep it.” 13 It is not on the other side of the sea. You do not have to ask, “Who will go across the sea and get it? Who will tell it to us? Then we can keep it.” 14 No, the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart. So, you may obey it.

I hear you asking how does this relate to making deadlines. Well, God is saying what he is giving you today is not to difficult for you. He knows what you are capable of doing even though you don't think it is. You don't have to ask anyone for help or even to have extension for your deadlines whether that's big deadlines such as when your assignment is due in or your mini deadline because you do it. 

This happens a lot of time with me however it's such a great feeling when you have finished the assignment and everyone is so stressed out because they didn't do their assignment and don't have much time. Moral of this is to do your assignment when it has been given don't leave it for last minute. 

I then read Ephesians 5:15-17.
15 So be very careful how you live. Do not live like those who are not wise. Live wisely. 16 I mean that you should use every chance you have for doing good, because these are evil times. 17 So do not be foolish with your lives. But learn what the Lord wants you to do.
I am always tempted to not do my assignments especially if I can't grasp what I am meant to be doing, I always prefer to make a cup of coffee and read a good book. However this passage says be careful how you live so don't always get tempted with other things because you find it hard. Yes, you have a break here and there but use all the time you got to accomplish something whether that is gardening in my case to do assignments. With all the hard times you face when when meeting deadlines you learn what the Lord wants you to do. Whether that is have a break with coffee and read a book because you accomplished a difficult tasks or even to have a little treat to get your motivation when commencing a hard assignment such as project. 

I conclude with this post with a quote about time 'either you run the day, or the day runs you,' by Jim Rohn. If you got enough time during your day, you should read 'The Gift by Cecelia Adhern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment