Wednesday 16 September 2015

Pancakes



Recipe for American pancakes

Who doesn't love pancakes in the morning? These are thicker than English pancakes, and the good news is that they are quick and easy to make. 

Ingredients

*135g Self-raising flour
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 tablespoon caster sugar
*145ml milk
*1 medium egg
*Butter, for cooking

Method

  1.  In a bowl, combine the plain flour, salt, sugar and baking powder, and stir together evenly.
  2.  Place the milk into a jug. Crack in the egg and whisk together using a fork. when well mixed,  pour this mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients.
  3.  Stir the mixture together gently until all the flour is mixed in. Don't worry about any lumps.
  4.  Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes. 
  5. Melt a knob of butter in a large frying pan over a low heat and swirl it around so that the base of the pan is evenly covered in butter. Now turn the heat up so that the pan starts to become quite hot,
  6. When the butter is bubbling, pour in two separate dollops of mixture (roughly 2 heaped tablespoons per pancake.) Leave the pancakes to cook without touching them for a minute or two until you notice several holes developing on the surface. Now you are ready to flip the pancake.
  7. Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side until they are brown on both sides.
  8. Keep warm with a bowl on top of the pancakes, while you cook the renaming pancakes in the same way.
  9. Stack the pancakes in a pile on a serving plate and chose your topping such as jam or even maple syrup. 
  10.  Best of all, enjoy your pancakes with your family or friends or even to yourself. 

Writing Wednesday Poem

When I was little
I could never decide
what I wanted as a topping
for my pancake.
Now I have to decide
Where I want my life to go, 
What university I want to go to,
What I want to save up for,
What I want to be,
I don't want to have those decisions,
I just want peanut butter.

I just had my amazing breakfast. Can you guess what I had? I thought about the choices I had to make for my topping on my pancakes such as blackberry jam, or peanut butter how about cinnamon oh don't forget about the lemon curd. Then I relate it back to my life. I got so many decisions to make I don't know where to start. Such as what university I want to go to it would be so helpful if I know what I want to be I have no idea what I want to be. 

What inspired me to write this poem in the first place was really pancakes and conversations with my friends. And put them together to make this lovely poem. 

What are you decisions in life? Pop them down in the comments sections downstairs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment