Monday 23 November 2015

Advent writing



Old-fashioned, Spiritual Christmas?



"What has happened to the old-fashioned, spiritual Christmas?
The cause is our disregard of Advent.
The church set aside this four-week pre-Christmas season as a time of spiritual preparation for Christ’s coming.
It is a time of quiet anticipation.
 If Christ is going to come again into our hearts, there must be repentance.
Without repentance, our hearts will be so full of worldly things that there will be ‘no room in the inn’ for Christ to be born again.…We have the joy not of celebration.
Which is the joy of Christmas, but the joy of anticipation."

I'm one of these people, who if they don't write or tell people what I'm doing. The chances are that I not going to be determined to do. I am a people pleaser so if I tell someone I will do something and for some reason I don't do it. I feel ever so guilty. 


So here is me saying it to you.

At the risk of of sounding like a preacher. Which I hope I don't. I decided to write a bit of advent writing. Though I am not too go to deep in thought and really explore Christmas both religion and other Christmasy stuff. If that's not your cup of tea, then come back in 25 days. 


I also liked reading my church devotions that my Pastor does, if you wanted to read what he done last year, then check it out . Pete (Pastor) has also done one in 2012 so check that one out too. He always does a wonderful job and now I would like to do something a bit like that. However it is very different. I also wanted to explore the Christmas story. You know the Christian story? Then there is the Charles Dickens the Christmas Carol the Scrooge. Then there is the Grinch that stole Christmas. Oh I hear you all saying you missed something Rebekah! Yes, I have of course missed Father Christmas. Well you have to wait for this mystery to be resolved.

I never found anytime of my years on earth about thinking about Christmas it just happens then goes So I thought while I got no assignments or homework for now. I might else well have a go, it's only half a month so it cannot be to bad. Advent starts on Sunday, got a bit of time before than to start writing behind the scenes. Just watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment