Friday 29 April 2016

Monthly musings: April

My attempt of doing a sun flare on my phone!


And I have loved you like a fool!

I got to see one of my favourite 2013 film, Being Again. It means a lot to me, for layers of different reasons, but this month I have just been craving what Keria Knightley's Gretta has for the most part of the movie: a city, a goal. a scruffy chic wardrobe and an outpouring of creativity.

This month as definitely been April with all the rain we had at the beginning. So cold in the morning and then in the afternoon it's warm, meaning you can just walk around with a cardigan. Do you bring your coat or do you just stay cold in the morning? Well I'm in England which means the weather change from one moment to another. We can have all four season within one day. There was a rainbow during Easter holiday just about to capture it, but I wasn't quick enough.



This month has been hectic and very busy. Lean one way then it comes to a dead end. Lean on the other way then you come to a problem let's just go over this path. Oh heck, that was so fun let's do it again. That is one of many ways to explain what April feels like. You know where you just got everything sorted out? Then life decides to throw something at you off guard. You just have to deal each day as it comes. Easier said then done. I'm still learning, by no means have I got everything sorted out.

I set up a new blog and learned some new things on the way of doing that, and that was coding. Who ever said coding was easy I going to agree to them to some extent. Though the first attempt of doing my blog no brakes on the knowledge train was just bad nothing matched with each other and whatever I did I just couldn't get the colour to change for the email section, somehow the coding was wrong and I couldn't identify why it was a wrong colour. So I had to delete all the coding and start from scratch. Then my blog looks amazing looked at this blog, it was just as bad as second blog, deleted the coding and start again. I'm still learning, but I'm getting there. So if you fancy doing a blog, since many of my friends do. I recommend you know what you want to blog about but only blog about things that interest you don't look at page views. I only set up a blog to keep my friends and family updated of what I do. And somehow I ended up 3,000 page views. Crazy and I not even a good writer but somehow you all enjoy my writing or poems that I do now and then.



Remember Easter! Where did that go. That was a good time to eat chocolate. In fact speaking about chocolate Easter eggs. Normally we have to melt them down and use it for cakes. Yummy since I don't eat chocolate. Though that doesn't come across on this blog every picture of me on this blog especially making cakes I seem to get covered in chocolate. Well Least's I can find life in happy perspective.  first time ever I had chocolate during Easter and ate a whole Easter egg in one go though I did share with my Dad well had no choice since I was sitting next to him. My Mum and Dad got the best ever Easter egg they got a rocky road Easter Egg.  So yummy. I only had two Easter eggs since my family know they I not keen on chocolate.

My teddy bears doing my A and P assignment


Speaking about Easter holiday that means one thing from college. ASSIGNMENTS ASSIGNMENTS. Yep, I did managed to get some done not all of them. Though I managed to have some afternoons off like going out for lunch with family and friends, and furniture shopping with my grandparents who never agree with each other granddad liked leather on the other hand my grandma likes fabric. See how difficult it was? Though they managed to find a sofa that both of them liked. It was great to have an opportunity to see them again.



It's been a month where I went out for a walk in my local woods which I never had the chance to explore. I also took lots of photos this month my friends are saying I should set up instagram. Maybe!? I haven't got my way around social networking platform. I'm not on FaceBook I can survive without it. I'm not really the person who follows the crowd and want to stay that way as long as possible.

Quote of the month

Why didn't you pick up my phone call, Rebekah?
Sorry I liked my ringtone too much!
Who doesn't? Especially when it's the Doctor Who theme tune!!

Recipe of the month: pasta and cheese bake

It can easily serve two but you don't have to share if you don't want to.

First bit make quick cheese sauce
  • 1  mug of grated cheese
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 2cm cube butter
  • 1 mug milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • salt and pepper
  1. Without the heat on, put the grated cheese into saucepan, add the flour, salt, pepper and paprika and stir well.
  2. Add the milk and butter. Put on a low heat and  bring to the boil, stirring all the time, The sauce should thicken.
Second bit make the pasta and cheese bake
  • 1 X quantity of quick cheese sauce
  • 3/4 mug pasta
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon dried chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
  • 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8
  • optional 1 packet of plain crisps
  • 1/2 mug grated cheese (you can always add more and eat some when you are grating)
  1. Make the quick cheese sauce and leave to cool a little
  2. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan oven 200°C/Gas mark 6.
  3. Cook the pasta
  4. Beat the egg in a mug, add the chives and the mustard and mix with cheese sauce.
  5. Put the drained pasta, and the tomatoes into a casserole dish or oven proof bowl. Pour the sauce over the top.
  6. Crush the crisps in the bag and mix with the grated cheese. Sprinkle on the top of the pasta.
  7. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. The cheese and the crisps should be browned.
  8. And enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment