Sunday 1 May 2016

Say no

No. NO. nO. Noooooooooooo.No

No matter how I say it, saying "no" is difficult for me. That word doesn't strike my vocal cords naturally, especially when I don't want to do something or go somewhere. My mind is saying NO! but I can't get myself to say it out loud. It's probably because I'm a people pleaser-too concerned with being polite and not letting people down instead of honouring my true wishes. It seems I'd rather do something I don't enjoy than have someone I'm with have a poor time to be upset with me.

That said, I'm more determined to overcome this block. I'm learning slowly that the world won't end if I utter that scary two-letter word. People won't hate me. Things won't crumble to pieces. In fact, the honesty may be appreciated and a compromise will most likely be found.

So here, say it out loud with me: NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment