Sunday 25 December 2016

It's coming to an end

You know, this is really a remarkable story. Its so complete...why update it? Why try and modernize it? I am going to phone Mr Dunwoody. Grrrr!  voice mail! Oh well, I will give him a letter. This is what I ended up writing to him. "Dear Mr Dunwoody, I've come to come the conclusion that the nativity story is perfect the way it is. It doesn't need to be updated. The kids will understand it just fine. God got it right the first time. Thank you for letting me do some advent writing this year hopefully I can do it next year. With warm regards, Rebecca"

The end. No, wait. The beginning.

What a story. The God of Creation voluntarily becomes a helpless baby. This really was the beginning.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. The government shall be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called…

Wonderful.
Counselor.
The Mighty God.
The Everlasting Father.
The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end.

Well hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing. Have a little merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment