Sunday 4 December 2016

Mary heard the greeting

"Mary heard the greeting, and was bothered by it, wondering what strange type of greeting it was."

Angel said to Mary, "Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive and have a son, and his name will be Jesus. He will be great......

Grrrr! Think Modern! How would he say it today? Mr Dunwoody want it to be more modern even though I keep thinking the old story is far to good to change it. But I got to  do what Mr Dunwoody want to otherwise he won't to share it with the church congregation and my creativity time would be wasted. Well not really, as I am actually having fun writing if you haven't already noticed.

I think I got it it, how about His name will be Jesus. He will be bomb! Nope, that is far to informal to say that to young girl with an unusual greeting Mary just had with the Angel.

How about this, then? He will flat our rock! No, no, no that is still to informal to say to a young girl. How hard can it be, to modernize a nativity story? Right, I'm going to have a nice strong coffee.

It's surprising when you drink coffee you actually think better. Oh, just me then. I think I got it, the angel should say this to Mary. "He will be seriously great! It's nearly there. See drinking coffee helps. I wonder if I should drink more, you never know I might get more work done which means that I won't get any sleep.

Right, I keep getting side tracked today, it's all the mince pies and cupcakes I am eating. Overly indulging but who cannot resits those red velvet cupcakes with a lovey cheese frosting white as snow.

Come on, Rebecca. Stay focused If you take out a 'seriously' out for a second here that I guess that would be idea.

So it would be the following "His name will be Jesus. He will be great, and be called the son of the Highest, and the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.

See I can stay focused. Right I'm off for a run to burn all the sugar and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment