Friday 9 December 2016

Mary visit Elizabeth

This story can be found in Luke 1:42-45

It all happened a very long time ago, but I remember how happy I was when God told me I was going to be the mother of Jesus. I just had to take a trip to see Elizabeth, my relative and friend, and tell her my exciting news!

Elizabeth was going to have a baby. We were both going to have babies! Her baby was going to be called John.  John would become Jesus’ relative and friend.

 I could hardly wait to see Elizabeth. As I walked into her house, she was very happy to see me! She said that when she heard my voice, her baby jumped inside her! (Luke 1:42-45).

There was so much to talk about, and so much to do to get ready for our babies, that I stayed at Elizabeth’s house until it was time for her baby to be born. I enjoyed being able to help Elizabeth with her work. I was so glad I could help my friend. We had to carry water from the well every day. We cleaned the house, washed the clothes and cooked the meals. We also prayed together every day and worshiped God. Many times we visited with Elizabeth’s neighbors, talking with them about our happy news and about God. We loved our long visit together. We loved being friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Cherry gave me a link to your blog. I absolutely love your writing style and how you can have time to do this blog in your own time. Phillipa (Cherry's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phillipa. For some reason your comment has vanished online. Though I did get a notification on my email saying you left an comment. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog. I don't even know how I have time and energy for writing.

    ReplyDelete